In this blog post, we will be walking you through the methods that will assist you in fixing the error i.e., UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE on your MacBook. So, if you are the one looking for it, then stay with us for the next couple of minutes!
The UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE error is a common issue that can happen to any Macbook user. It is caused by the invalid SSL Certificate and it’s not something you want to ignore. Some of the symptoms of this issue are that your browser will not connect to any secure sites and there will be a notification near the time on your dock. In this article, you’ll learn how to fix this error so you can get back to browsing freely.
Moreover, if you see the “UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE” error on your MacBook, it means that your date and time settings are incorrect. To fix this, go to the Date & Time section in System Preferences and make sure that the “Set date and time automatically” option is turned on. You may also need to adjust the time zone if it’s not set correctly. Once you’ve made these changes, restart your MacBook and the error should be gone. You can also adjust these settings using the terminal as mentioned below.
Methods to Fix UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE Error on MacBook
By Adjusting the Date & Time Settings Using Terminal
This is one of the best troubleshooting methods in order to fix the error of interest i.e., UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE. Here is what needs to be done.
- First, go on and boot your MacBook. Press and hold down these keys simultaneously Option + Command + R. It will result in the successful launching of the macOS Recovery mode.
- Next, navigate to Utilities and click on the option labeled Terminal.
- After that, inside the Terminal window, type in the following command i.e., date mmddhhmmyy, followed by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, keep scrolling to get the information regarding which date sequence to apply.
- Next, if your MacBook is not showing the date in the proper standard format, then you must check your date sequence format once again.
- After that, close the Terminal window.
- Now, reinstall your OS by navigating back to the recovery screen.
- Next, ensure that the date sequence follows this format as mentioned in bullet points.
- Months from 1 to 12.
- Days of the month from 1 to 31.
- Hours from 0 to 23.
- Minutes from 0 to 59.
- The last two digits of the year.
- Always add a zero before single digits.
For example, June 20, 2022, 15:10:00 is 0620151022.
Note: Ensure that you’re using the accurate date and time format relevant to your region/country. For example, in the United States, the month comes first followed by the day of the month and the year. In other countries, the day of the month comes first. Adapt the date mmddhhmmyy command accordingly.
After performing all the above steps, check to see if the error is resolved or still persists.
By Using Single User Mode
This is also a very helpful method that assists in coping with the present error named UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE on MacBook. Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order to get rid of this issue at the earliest.
- First, on your MacBook keyboard, press these keys simultaneously i.e., Command + S. This will launch the Single User Mode.
- Next, enter the date to examine your current date according to your region.
- After that, type in the following command i.e., date mmddhhmmyy to successfully change the date.
- Now, enter the date once again and check to see if the settings are to the point now.
- Next, type in “exit” followed by restarting your MacBook in “Recovery Mode”.
- Finally, go on and reinstall the operating system.
Once this process is completed, examine the behavior of arousing error i.e., whether solved or still causing problems.
If you’ve been seeing the “UNTRUSTED_CERT_TITLE” Error on your MacBook, don’t worry because it’s quite easy to fix. Just follow the steps mentioned in this article and you’ll be able to get rid of the error message in no time.
Plus, if you ever run into any other errors or issues with your MacBook, be sure to check out our other articles for troubleshooting tips.
Have you ever tried to fix this error by yourself? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Have any of our explained methods worked for you? If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Overall, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever brothers and sisters!