If you’re an iPhone user and have ever seen the “An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone” message, don’t worry. The following article will show you how to fix this issue as soon as possible.
The iPhone is one of the most popular pieces of technology on the market, and there are many reasons for this. It’s sleek, easy to use, and has a variety of different features that make it perfect for any person looking to upgrade.
However, as with anything else in life, it also has its downsides. Recently, Apple released a software update that caused some iPhones running iOS 15.3/14 to show the message “An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone”.
That’s frustrating if you’re trying to browse the internet or checking your email while away from Wi-Fi. In this blog post, we’ll go over what exactly led to this issue and how you can fix it so that you can get back to using your iPhone like normal. Just stay with us for the next couple of minutes!
Methods to Fix “An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone in iOS 15.3/14” Issue
By Force Restarting Your iPhone
This is one of the best methods in order to solve the problem of interest. Follow the next mentioned steps to successfully force restart your iPhone X or newer model.
- First, press the “Volume Up” button and then let off.
- Next, press the “Volume Down” button and then let it go.
- After that, keep pressing and holding the “Side button” for around 10-15 seconds, until your iPhone force restarts successfully.
However, if you are not successful in force restarting your iPhone, then we recommend performing the above steps more swiftly. Because this is the key in the case of new iPhone models.
Besides, if you are using an older iPhone such as iPhone 7 or 8, then it is more simple. Here is what you need to do.
- First, press and hold the “Volume Down” button + “Power” button simultaneously.
- Next, keep holding these buttons firmly until you see the Apple logo appearing on your iPhone screen.
- After that, once the logo appears and blinks, then release the buttons.
With this, you have successfully forced restart your iPhone. Now, check to see if the issue is resolved or still persists.
By Resetting Network Settings
Many iPhone users have reported that resetting the network settings has assisted them in solving this problem i.e., “An Update Is Required to Use Cellular Data on This iPhone in iOS 15.3/14”. Here is how to do it step-by-step.
- First, navigate to the Settings application on your iPhone and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the option labeled General.
- After that, keep scrolling until you find the option named Transfer or Reset iPhone. Tap on it.
- Now, move to the bottom of the page. There you will find a button labeled Reset. Proceed with tapping on it.
- Next, go on and tap on Reset Network Settings.
Finally, inspect the behavior of the arising issue i.e., whether successfully coped or still causing problems for you.
By Updating Carrier Settings
At times, there might be glitches or errors arising on your iPhone due to outdated carrier settings. This might also be playing a significant role in the occurrence of the present problem. Here is how to update the carrier settings.
- First, ensure that your iPhone has an active internet connection.
- Next, go on and tap on the Settings app.
- After that, tap on the option labeled General.
- Now, proceed with tapping on the About option.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions carefully to successfully install the latest carrier update.
Note: To make sure that you have the latest carrier settings installed, you’ll need to reach out to your carrier. It will provide you with the latest version number, and you can cross-reference that with your carrier information in the About panel inside the Settings application.
After you are done with updating the carrier settings, go on and examine if the issue is resolved now or still present.
Some Other Techniques to Cope With This Issue
Mentioned next are some of the other fixes or techniques one can take into consideration if none of the previously described methods worked for him/her.
- By Looking For Any Latest iPhone Update
- By Turning Off The Airplane Mode
- By Resetting All Your iPhone Settings
- By Switching Off Wi-Fi Calling Feature
- By Factory Resetting Your iPhone
We hope one of these practices works for you and you will get back to using cellular data o your iPhone hassle freely.
If you’re getting the “An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone in iOS 15.3/14” error message, there are a few things you can do to fix it. First, try updating your carrier settings. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your network settings.
If neither of those options brings luck for you, you may need to force restart your iPhone. But, whatever you do, make sure you have a recent backup of your device before you start making any changes.
Have you ever tried to fix this problem by yourself? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Have any of our explained methods worked for you? If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Overall, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever.