YouTube Premium is a paid service that offers offline video playback, background playing, and ad-free videos. However, unfortunately, if you are interested in canceling your YouTube Premium subscription and ensuring that you won’t be charged again, this article will show you how!
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that provides access to YouTube content without ads. It also includes access to YouTube Music, a music streaming service that includes ad-free listening and offline downloads. Moreover, YouTube Premium subscribers also get access to exclusive content from YouTube creators.
Plus, it is YouTube’s most expensive plan, but it also offers the best video quality and original content. Still, it might be worth considering a cheaper, ad-supported option if you’re budget conscious.
So, if you’re looking to cancel your YouTube Premium subscription, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do it, and what steps you need to take to ensure that your account is properly closed. Just stay with us for the next couple of minutes, and we assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end!
Canceling YouTube Premium Subscription on PC/Desktop
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order, to successfully cancel your YouTube Premium subscription. Here is what needs to be done.
- First, launch a web browser of your own choice on your PC. We are using the well-known Google Chrome browser for this tutorial.
- Next, go to this link. It is the link to the YouTube official website.
- After that, sign in to your account (if not logged in already).
- Now, click on your profile icon. It will be available in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Next, from the context menu displayed, click on the option labeled “Purchases and Memberships”.
- After that, under the “Memberships” section, click on “Manage Membership” (chevron), present right next to the “Premium” option.
- Now, from the expanded list of options, click on the one named “DEACTIVATE”.
- Next, rather than canceling your membership, YouTube will suggest pausing it and returning at a later time. Select “CONTINUE TO CANCEL” to proceed with the subscription cancellation process.
- After that, you’ll be asked why you want to discontinue/cancel your YouTube Premium membership. Choose a valid reason, and then click on “NEXT”.
- Now, you will get the last confirmation message before your subscription is really terminated. Here, click on the option i.e., “YES,CANCEL”.
By following these steps, YouTube will cancel your subscription to the paid Premium tier of its site and stop billing you for it.
Note: Up to the conclusion of the current billing cycle, you will continue to receive YouTube Premium benefits.
Canceling YouTube Premium Subscription on Smartphone
Using the YouTube app on an iOS or Android device, you can successfully cancel the YouTube Premium subscription. Here is how to do it step-by-step.
- First, open the “YouTube” app on your mobile device.
- Next, tap on your profile icon. It will be present in the upper right-hand corner of your smartphone screen.
- After that, from the list of options appearing in front of you, tap on the one labeled “Purchases and Memberships”.
- Now, under the section named “Memberships”, tap on “Premium”.
- Next, proceed with tapping on the option i.e., “DEACTIVATE”.
- After that, inside the prompt window, tap on “CONTINUE TO CANCEL”.
- Now, you will land on the page titled “Cancel Membership”. Here, tap on the option labeled “Next”, available in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Next, the YouTube service will inquire as to why you are canceling YouTube Premium. Pick your justification from the catalog of options. But, don’t feel obligated to give an explanation if you don’t want to, and just tap on “Don’t Want to Answer”.
- After that, a confirmation screen will load. To cancel your Premium subscription, please tap on “CANCEL PREMIUM”, at the footer of this page.
And that wraps things up. Your membership to YouTube Premium has been finally revoked.
See also: How to Fix YouTube Videos Keeps Pausing
In conclusion, canceling your YouTube Premium subscription is a fairly simple process. You can do it either through the YouTube app or on the web. We hope this article has helped you figure out the way to do it hassle-freely.
While YouTube Premium does have some great benefits, it may not be worth it for everyone. If you decide that you do want to cancel your subscription, follow the steps outlined in this blog post and you’ll be unsubscribed in no time. However, if you have any concerns about canceling your subscription, be sure to contact YouTube customer service before taking any action.
Have you ever done this before reading this blog article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Have our explained methods proved beneficial for you?
If you have gone through this previously, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it, and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this amazing guide, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, office colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!