If you’re looking for a quick change to your Google profile, we have the answer. In this article, you’ll find all the methods necessary to change your profile picture back to default.
There are a lot of things we might want to change about our profile pictures, to make them more appealing, or to make them look better on different social media networks.
However, sometimes people need to change their profile pictures for more serious reasons – either because their account has been hacked and their old profile picture was compromised and shared by an unauthorized third party, or because they need to reset the password for their account.
In a world of increased security, privacy concerns and near-constant hacking scares, sometimes it can be hard to know how best to protect ourselves online. As an avid Google user, you might find yourself with a profile picture that is not your true self. But the truth is there are a few easy steps you can take to revert back to your original photo.
Guide to Change Your Google Profile Picture Back to Default
If you’ve changed your Google profile picture and want to revert back to the default image, follow the steps below. Note that this will only work if you’ve previously set a custom image. However, if you’ve never changed your profile picture, the default image will already be in place.
- First, Log in to your Google account.
- Next, click on the Profile Icon or My Account button in the top right corner of the screen. This will open up your Google profile page.
- After that, keep scrolling until you find the section labeled Personal Info & Privacy.
- Now, under this section click on the option named Profile Information.
- Next, below the Profile Photo click on the link i.e., Change Photo.
- After that, click on the Upload a New Photo option.
- Now, click on the button labeled Choose File From.
- Next, pick the default profile picture and click on it.
That’s it! With this, you have successfully changed your Google profile picture back to default.
Fixing the Default Issue With a Different Default Picture
If you’re like many people, you’ve probably changed your Google profile picture at some point. Maybe you’ve used a photo of yourself, or perhaps you’ve chosen an image that represents your favorite hobby or interests. But what happens when you want to change your profile picture back to the default?
Fortunately, there’s an easy fix for this issue. All you need to do is select a different default picture. Here’s how:
- Log into your Google account and go to the “My Account” page.
- Click on the “Personal Info” tab and then select “Profile”.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the “Edit” button next to your profile picture.
- Select a new default picture from the options provided, or upload your own image.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on the “Save” button.
That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can easily change your Google profile picture back to the default setting.
See also: How to Remove Zoom Profile Picture
There you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to change your Google profile picture back to the default. We hope this article was helpful and that you now know how to easily change your profile picture back to the default if you ever need to.
Do you have any other tips on how to change your Google profile picture? Have you ever tried to change your Google profile picture back to default? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task?
If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
Plus, if you liked this article give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and family members. Thank you all in advance and stay blessed my brothers and sisters.
1. Is there any way to change your Google profile picture from the default?
Yes! You can change your Google profile picture anytime you want. You just need to navigate to your account’s user settings and find the profile picture tab. Then a few simple clicks will let you customize your Google profile picture without any problem.
2. How do I remove my profile picture from the Google icon?
You just need to upload a new profile picture and your old one will be automatically replaced or removed instantly. Google Profile Picture also provides you with the option to make your profile picture your full name or to have a headshot as your profile image instead of an icon.
3. How do I change my Google profile picture on my phone?
The process of changing the profile picture on your phone is quite easy. You can just tap on the Google icon and get to the menu. Then go to ‘Google Account’, find the icon at the bottom for ‘About Me’, and tap on it. You will be prompted by a list of options including ‘Change Photo’. Then you have to pick ‘Change My Photo’ while selecting an image from your camera or your phone’s gallery.