The problem with hot corners is that they can be easily triggered by accident and this can be a hassle at times. In this article, you’ll learn how to disable hot corners in Mac and the steps involved in doing so.
It’s not uncommon for Mac users to experience the frustration of accidentally triggering one of their system’s hot corners. But what if you want to disable those hot corners on your Mac in order to prevent that from happening? Here we will be showing you how to do it step-by-step. So, if you are a Macbook owner, then surely this blog post will capture your attention to the fullest.
Besides, have you ever found yourself frustrated with the way your Mac’s screen shifts around when you are working on a project and accidentally mouse over one of the corners? If so, then don’t fret, because this guide will provide you with a quick and easy fix to stop that from happening.
Mac OS has a feature that allows the corners of your screen to act as hot spots where you can launch applications and perform certain functions by using your mouse. Learn how to turn these hot corners off when you don’t want them anymore here shortly.
Step-By-Step Guide to Disable Hot Corners in Mac
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order to get rid of those annoying hot corners on your Mac screen. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, launch the ‘System Settings’ application from the launchpad.
- Next, once it is successfully opened, from the left-hand side of your screen click on the option labeled ‘Desktop & Dock’.
- After that, keep scrolling until you reach the section named ‘Mission Control’. Under this section, click on the button with the title ‘Hot Corners…’
- Now, a prompt will appear on your screen with the preview of four hot corners. Select the hot corner which you want to disable.
- Next, from the context menu click on the option i.e., ‘–’.
- After that, perform this action for all the hot corners that you don’t want on your screen. Then proceed with clicking on the ‘Done’ button. That’s all there is to it!
Note: If you have a Macbook running macOS Monterey, then do as follow. (System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver -> Hot Corners)
See also: How to Crop a Screenshot on Mac
We hope this guide has helped you disable the hot corners feature on your Mac. While this property can be useful for some people, it can also be annoying for others. If you find yourself constantly accidentally triggering the hot corners on your Mac, then disabling them is a good solution.
It’s a quick and easy process, and it’ll mean that you don’t have to worry about activating hot corners inadvertently. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference for you.
Have you performed this task before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Has our explained procedure worked for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed!