This article will show you how to force turn off Spotify, which is a popular music app for Android and iOS devices. If your phone has been running low on battery at times or freezing or crashing randomly and suspect that Spotify may be the culprit, you can use this blog post to learn how to shut down or stop this application on both platforms, at the earliest.
Spotify is a music and podcast streaming service that lets users listen to unlimited songs with and without ads, based on their subscription. It is a great app for listening to your favorite music tracks from famous rappers and singers across the whole globe, and discovering new ones from both mainstream and independent artists. But what if you want to turn it off?
No matter what your opinion of Spotify is, it’s difficult to deny that it has become an integral part of many people’s daily lives. There are however times when you might want to completely shut it off – when you’re at the office or while driving to make sure that you don’t get distracted.
If you’re trying to find out how to force turn off Spotify on your Android smartphone or iPhone, then this blog article should have a few helpful tips for you. Here, we will be providing the step-by-step guides, to achieve this task successfully in no time. So, stay with us for the next couple of minutes, and we assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end.
Force Turn Off Spotify App on Android Device
Note: If you’re running the Spotify application on your Android device, the quickest and simplest method to force turn off or close the app, is to remove it from your Recent Apps section.
Follow the next-mentioned steps in sequential order, to get the job done properly and successfully on your Android device. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, swipe upwards on the device’s home screen from the bottom. Then, hold your thumb/finger roughly near the center of the screen.
- Next, you will see all the recently opened applications appearing in a row. Among these apps, swipe right or left to locate the “Spotify” app.
- After that, once it is found, swipe up on it to successfully close or remove it from the “Recent Apps” section.
Now, if you are still seeing the Spotify application icon in your notifications pane, or feel that it running in the background unnecessarily draining your device battery, then proceed with the steps mentioned below.
- First, navigate to the “Spotify” app on your Android device.
- Next, tap and hold its icon, until you see a context menu appearing on your screen with a series of different options.
- After that, among these options, tap on the one labeled “App Info”.
- Now, you will land on the “Spotify App Info” page. Here, proceed with tapping on the “Force Stop” option. It will be available in the center, along with other options i.e., Open and Uninstall.
- Next, a prompt will be displayed, asking for your consent to force stop/turn off the Spotify application. Inside this box, tap on the “OK” option. That’s all there is to it!
Force Turn Off Spotify App on iOS Device
Note: There’s no such way to force turn off an application on your dedicated iOS device. If an app on iOS is designed to work in the background, there’s no manual way to close it from running.
Still, if you are an iOS user who is also looking to perform this task on his/her device, then just follow the next-mentioned steps carefully in chronological order. Here’s how to do it, step-by-step.
- First, on your iOS device’s home screen, swipe upwards from the bottom with the help of your finger/thumb. Once you reach the middle of the screen, lift off your finger/thumb from the screen.
- Next, you will see the “App Switcher” launched in front of you. Here, all the recently opened applications will be appearing in a pile.
- After that, swipe right or left to find the Spotify application among the other opened apps.
- Now, once found, swipe on it in the upward direction. Finally, this will result in closing the Spotify application on your iOS device.
However, we need to make this thing clear to all the readers, that it is a temporary way to turn off the Spotify app. It might still be running in the background, but now it won’t be visible to you.
There are a few reasons you might want to force turn off Spotify on your Android or iPhone. Maybe you’re trying to conserve battery life, or maybe you just need to take a break from music for a while. Whatever the reason, it’s quite easy to do. Once Spotify is turned off, it won’t start playing again until you manually turn it back on.
Have you ever performed this task before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Have our explained guides proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them asap.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters!