Do you want to retrieve Messenger conversations that you have accidentally deleted? If so, here’s a handy guide on how to recover them on your Apple iPhone.
When you delete your messages on the Messenger app, they are not really gone. You can still find them somewhere hiding because they are not permanently deleted. There are some ways to recover deleted messages on iPhone. Keep reading this article to learn more and find the answer to the mentioned question shortly.
You might have faced this problem, where you have lost some important messages from your iPhone. It is a very unpleasant situation to get yourself into. Your Messenger messages are among the most important things that you can lose, but luckily there are ways to recover them back.
If you go through this article thoroughly, then without any doubt you will be able to recover deleted Messenger messages on your iPhone with ease and without any loss of data and get back your precious memories!
What Are Messenger Messages and How to Recover Them?
Messenger messages are text/audio/video messages that are sent through the Facebook Messenger app to anyone present on the Facebook network. They are different from regular text messages because they are sent over the internet instead of through a cellular phone network.
If you have accidentally deleted your Messenger messages, there is still hope! You can recover them by using a recovery tool like iMyFone D-Back for iOS: Best iPhone Data Recovery. This software will scan your iPhone for any deleted data, including Messenger messages, and give you the option to recover it.
Reasons to Recover Your Deleted Messenger Messages
There are a number of reasons why you might want to recover deleted Messenger messages from your iPhone. Perhaps you accidentally deleted an important conversation, or maybe you want to retrieve a message that you know you previously deleted. Regardless of the reason, recovering deleted Messenger messages is possible and relatively simple to do.
Guide to Recover Deleted Messenger Messages on iPhone
It’s happened to the best of us- you accidentally delete a message in Messenger and then realize you need it back. Whether it’s an important work communication or a sentimental message from a loved one, losing a chat can be frustrating.
Luckily, there are a few ways you can recover deleted Messenger messages on your iPhone. We’ll go over a few different methods so you can get your messages back as soon as possible.
Recover Deleted Messenger Messages via iCloud Backup
If you have iCloud backup enabled for your iPhone, you may be able to recover your deleted Messenger messages from there. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- First, download the FonePaw iPhone data recovery tool from this link.
- Next, run the downloaded file to successfully install it.
- After that, launch the software on your machine.
- Once opened successfully, click on the option labeled Recover from iCloud Backup File.
- Now, Sign in to your iCloud account by entering the correct credentials.
- Next, all the iCloud backups will appear in front of you on your screen.
- Finally, download the backups on your machine one by one. It will take a while to complete this process.
- Now, look if the backup files contain the deleted Messenger messages or not.
In this way, you can not only recover deleted Messenger messages, but also the deleted messages or data from other social media platforms including WhatsApp, Instagram, Kik, etc. Simply select the backup files you want to recover and they will be restored to your iPhone.
Recover Deleted Messenger Messages via iOS Data Recovery Program
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted Messenger messages from your iPhone is by using an iOS data recovery program. These programs are designed specifically for retrieving lost data from iOS devices, and they’re often very effective.
There are a number of different data recovery programs available, so be sure to do some research to find one that will work well for you.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed a data recovery program, launch it and connect your iPhone to your PC.
- The program should prompt you to scan your device for lost data.
- Once the scan is complete, you should see a list of all the data that can be recovered, including your deleted Messenger messages.
- Simply select the messages you want to recover and then save them to your PC.
Recover Deleted Messenger Messages via iTunes Backup
This is another alternative for recovering deleted Messenger messages on your iPhone. Follow the next mentioned steps in strict order to achieve the desired results.
- First, Download and Install the FonePaw iPhone data recovery software on your PC.
- Next, Launch the software, and click on the option labeled Recover from iTunes Backup File.
- After that, Sign in to your iTunes account by entering the correct credentials.
- Now, all the iTunes backups will appear in front of you on your screen. Next, check the backup file that has been created before you deleted your Facebook Messenger messages.
- Finally, download that backup file on your machine. It will take a while to complete this downloading process, so be patient. Once this process is successfully completed, look if the deleted Messenger messages are present there.
Recover Deleted Messenger Messages via iOS Device (iPhone)
If all other ways of recovering deleted Messenger messages are not working for you due to certain issues or reasons, then you must go with this method. Give it a try at least once.
- First, download the FonePaw iPhone data recovery software using a web browser.
- Next, run the downloaded file to successfully install it.
- After that, open the software on your machine (either Windows PC or Mac).
- Once opened successfully, click on the option labeled Recover from iOS Device.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your PC/laptop/Macbook with the aid of a USB cable.
- Next, you will see a notification appearing on the bottom right-hand corner of your device screen mentioning Device Recognized Successfully.
- After that, click on the button named Start Scan.
- Now, the software will start scanning your iPhone and looking for data. It also includes Messenger messages.
- Next, when the scanning process is completed successfully you will be able to see all your data files. Click on Messenger followed by clicking on Messenger Attachments.
- Finally, you will see all the Facebook Messenger files including text messages, files sent or received, etc. Within these files, you will also get deleted messages.
- The messages which you want to recover need to be then selected followed by clicking on the Recover button to recover them back.
So there you have it – a few simple steps on how to recover deleted Facebook Messenger messages on an iOS device. Whether you accidentally delete a message or just want to save it for the future, these methods will surely come in handy. Do you have any other tips on how to recover deleted Messenger messages on iPhone? Let us know in the comments section below!
What are your thoughts on this article? Kindly provide your feedback and views and let us know how you feel about it. If you liked it share it with your friends and loved ones and give us a thumbs up. Your appreciation means a lot to us. Thank you all in advance guys.