When you have a lot of contacts on your iPhone, it can be hard to organize them and figure out the best way to interact with them. That’s why sometimes you might want to remove a person from your favorites on the phone, either because they’re not your favorite anymore or because you’re just looking for an easier way to manage who’s on your favorites list. In this article, we will be showing you how to remove someone from favorites on your iPhone, so that it’ll be easy for you!
Apple has given users the ability to create custom shortcuts, or “Favorites,” to make life easier. Favorites are a collection of your favorite contacts that you can access from the main “Contacts” app. This is great because it’s super easy to call, text, or FaceTime someone without having to search through pages and pages of phone numbers. However, what happens when you decide that one person in your Favorites needs removing?
What if you need to remove someone from your phone’s favorites list? Whether it’s a friend or a romantic partner, this is an awkward situation to be in. No one wants to break up with someone over the phone, but why not do it digitally?
Remove Someone From Favorites on iPhone via Swipe to Delete Option
- First, go on and launch the “Phone” app on your iPhone from the home screen.
- Next, you will see the “Favorites” option appearing in the bottom left-hand corner of your iPhone screen. Tap on it.
- After that, all the contacts that you added to your Favorites list priorly, will be displayed in front of you.
- Now, the person whom you want to be removed from your Favorites needs to be selected. Then proceed with swiping to the left of the screen on his/her name.
- Next, there will appear a “Delete” button on the right-hand side of the person’s name, on which you swiped in the last step. Tap on it.
Finally, with this, that specific individual will get removed from your Favorites list on your iPhone.
Remove Someone From Favorites on iPhone via Edit Button
- First, launch the “Phone” app on your iPhone from the home screen.
- Next, you will see the “Favorites” tab appearing in the bottom left-hand corner of your iPhone screen. Tap on it.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the “Edit” option. It will be present in the top right-hand corner.
- Now, a minus sign will be displayed on the left-hand side of each person’s name added to your Favorites.
- Next, tap on the minus sign for the person whom you want to be removed from your Favorites list.
- After that, there will appear a “Delete” button on the right-hand side of the person’s name. Tap on it, to validate your decision.
- Finally, go on and tap on the “Done” button appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your iPhone screen. That’s all!
Note: You can remove any number of people from your Favorites list, using any of the above methods of your choice. It’s totally up to you, the way you like to perform this action.
We hope this guide on how to remove someone from Favorites on iPhone was helpful. Whether you need to declutter your Favorites list or simply want to remove someone for privacy reasons, it only takes a few taps to get the job done. Above all, this is a great way to keep your contacts organized and tidy. So don’t wait any longer, go ahead and give it a try!
Have you gone through this task before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Have our explained ways played a vital role for you?
If you have done this previously, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!