If you’re anything like us, sending a whole email out in a fit of anger because it turned out that the recipient didn’t need to know all those details, then you will be interested to find out how you can undo the email you sent.
This blog post outlines the method that you can utilize in order to undo an email in the Mail app on iPhone that you’ve sent before it’s too late!
Have you ever sent an email to the wrong person or written something inappropriate and wanted to undo it? The all-new iOS 16 does provide a way of undoing an email that has already been sent. Fortunately, there is a way for you to do so with some help from MailApp.
Apple’s Mail app has a nifty feature that allows you to undo sending an email as long as you haven’t left the Mail app. This is great for those last-minute, “Oops, I forgot to mention this!” emails, or if you need to send the same email back to the person you were just replying to.
In case, if you’ve found that you have mistakenly clicked the “Send” button on an email, and now regret it, there’s no need to panic. To undo and cancel an email after it is sent to the desired receiver, follow the steps in this article.
Step-By-Step Guide to Undo an Email in Mail App on iPhone
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order to solve the problem of interest at the earliest. Here is how to do it step-by-step.
- First, when you accidentally send an email and want to undo this action, you will see the “Undo Send” option appearing at the bottom of the screen in the center. Tap on it.
- Next, you will see that the mail editor will launch with the incorrectly sent email. Here, you can make the necessary changes required, and then resend the mail to the appropriate recipient. For this, tap on the arrow button, present at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- After that, the “Undo Send” option will again be visible to you. This is because you can undo the email any amount of times you want. Moreover, if you don’t want to send the email anymore, then tap on the “Cancel” option. It will be appearing in the top left-hand corner.
- Now, a couple of options will be seen on the screen i.e., Delete Changes and Save Draft. It’s up to you to pick the option of your choice. “Delete Changes” will completely delete the email from the Mail App. On the other hand, “Save Draft” will store the email inside the draft section for later use or customization.
- Next, if you want to go to the “Drafts” section, tap on the “Mailboxes” option. It is present at the top left-hand corner of your Mail App “Inbox” screen.
- After that, keep scrolling until you find the option labeled “Drafts”. Once successfully found, tap on it.
- Now, all the emails that you haven’t sent to someone due to different possible reasons will be displayed in front of you. You can do whatever you like with these emails i.e., delete them, change information and send them, or leave them as they are.
Note: iOS permits you to pull back a sent mail only until “10 seconds” after tapping the Send button (i.e., the arrow button). As soon as these 10 seconds have passed, you will not be able to un-send the email. By then, it will have landed inside the recipient’s inbox.
Emailing can be a tricky business, especially when you accidentally send an email before you’re ready. But don’t worry, if you use the Mail app on your iPhone there’s an undo button that can save you from utmost humiliation and embarrassment.
So the next time you accidentally send an email, don’t panic! Just follow the above-mentioned steps and you’ll be able to fix it in no time. We hope this blog post has been helpful and that you can now successfully take back those emails that you mistakenly sent.
Have you done this, before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? If you have gone through this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters!