Airplay is an awesome video streaming technology that lets you show your iPhone or iPad’s screen on your Apple TV, MacBook, etc. However, if you are not going to use this amazing feature for a while or want to turn it off altogether, there might be a few ways involved in doing so. In this article, we will walk you through how to turn off Airplay on your iPhone and save battery life.
Airplay is one of the coolest features on the iPhone. It lets you send music and videos to compatible speakers or TVs, streaming whatever’s playing on your screen to a bigger screen nearby. In our opinion, it’s perfect for a night out at your friend’s home or for big parties.
However, if you’re looking for information on how to turn off this element and don’t want to connect your iPhone to a set of external speakers, follow the methods mentioned next in this blog post.
Methods to Turn Off Airplay on Your iPhone
Apple AirPlay is a technology that enables you to stream music, movies, television shows, and more from your iPhone to an Apple TV or AirPlay-enabled device freely. But when it comes to listening on the go without internet access or at home with Bluetooth-enabled devices instead of a speaker, you may want to disable Airplay on your iPhone.
Next, we will be mentioning the various methods with the help of which you can easily turn off Airplay on your iPhone at the earliest. Each method is described in proper detail. You just need to follow the instructions carefully, and then you are good to go for sure.
By the Aid of Control Center’s Screen Mirroring Option
This is one of the simplest methods to easily turn off the Airplay feature on your iPhone. But for it, you first need to kick off the Control Center on your mobile device. Depending on your iPhone model, you need to perform the step mentioned to successfully do the latter described task.
- On iPhone SE, 8, 7, 6, and older – Swipe up from the bottom edge of the mobile screen.
- On iPhone X, XS, 11, 12, and 13 – Swipe down from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
As soon as the Control Center launches, find the Screen Mirroring option. It will be like two rectangles overlapping each other and will be present just beneath the Bluetooth icon.
Now, we need to make one thing clear over here and that is if the screen mirroring icon is on, it means that the Airplay feature is also turned on and being utilized. So, to finally turn it off, tap on the screen mirroring option and disable it.
When you tap on this option, a pop-up will appear on the screen. It will be showing you the device to which your iPhone is mirrored. Here, tap on the Stop Mirroring option.
With this, you will see that your iPhone is now free and is not attached to any other device. Also, the Airplay function is turned off successfully.
With the Help of the Control Center’s Media Player
If you are sharing some audio from your iPhone to any connected Airplay device, then you can also use the Control Center’s Media Player to turn off the Airplay feature. Here is how to do it.
- First, launch the “Control Center” on your iPhone as mentioned in the previous section.
- Next, in the upper right-hand corner just below the battery icon, you will see the “Media Player” with the “Airplay” icon. It will be in blue color. Tap on it.
- After that, a pop-up will appear on the screen. It will be with the name of the device to which the iPhone is sharing the audio file. You can see it under the “Speakers & TVs” section. Go on and tap it.
- Finally, on the next screen tap on the option labeled “iPhone”. This will successfully turn off the Airplay feature and play the audio file only on your mobile device.
From the iOS Lock Screen
If some media file is playing on your iPhone by means of the Airplay feature, then you can also turn off Airplay from the iOS lock screen.
- First, on your lock screen tap on the “Airplay” icon. It will be present at the top right-hand corner of the media player box. You will notice that it will be in blue color.
- Next, a pop-up will appear on the screen. Here, the name of the device to which the iPhone is sharing the media file will be present. You can see it under the “Speakers & TVs” section. Go on and tap it.
- Finally, on the next screen tap on the option labeled “iPhone”. It will successfully turn off the Airplay feature and play the media file only on your mobile device.
If you’re not a fan of Airplay, or if you simply want to save battery life on your iPhone, there are a few different methods you can use to turn it off. In this article, we’ve gone over three different ways to disable Airplay i.e., through the Control Center Screen Mirroring Option, through the Control Center Screen Media Player Option, and from the iOS Lock Screen.
If you’re not sure which method is best for you, try out all three and see which one works best for your needs. Moreover, you can also give these techniques a chance at least once i.e., Using the Apple TV / Apple Music App. Maybe they will bring luck in your case.
Overall, we hope this guide has helped you figure out how to turn off Airplay on your iPhone. What are your thoughts on this blog post? Kindly provide your feedback and opinion in the comments section below and let us know how you feel about it. If you liked it share it with your friends and loved ones and give us a thumbs up. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever brothers and sisters!