In this blog post, we will be having a close look at the process to hide likes on Twitter. So, if you are someone who frequently uses this application, then surely this article is for you.
Twitter is a social network that offers your followers an instant insight into what you’re doing and thinking. This can be great for personal use, but when it comes to working on Twitter for business purposes, it can get somewhat cumbersome.
The social media platform Twitter has a wide variety of features, one of them being a “Like” or “Favorite” button. These buttons allow users to quickly and easily let other users know that they enjoy their posts and want others to read them as well.
However, there are times when you want to hide your likes from other people without having to disable the feature entirely. This can be done easily with a few simple actions.
When you’re a public figure or a business person on Twitter, the number of likes on your tweets can be an important metric for measuring how much attention you’re getting from your audience.
Yet, if you want to tune out the noise and focus on what matters, hiding likes can be very useful in limiting the appearance of this social media statistic.
People are more sensitive about what is liked publicly on a social network than ever before, and for good reason. Privacy is a big concern for many, and hiding likes on Twitter is one way to prevent your information from being shared with the public.
If you are one of those people that dislike seeing the number of likes on Twitter, then this article will definitely interest you. You can hide likes on Twitter by following the simple methods listed below.
Using the Adblock Plus Firefox Plugin
With the rise of ad blockers, the Internet is changing, literally. AdBlock Plus for Firefox is a web browser extension for Mozilla Firefox that allows users to block annoying ads, pop-ups, and banners on web pages.
It does this by acting as an intermediary between the user and the website they are viewing, removing the code that would have loaded the ads and letting them view the page without them. It’s one of the most popular ad blockers in existence, and it’s also free to install and use.
If you’re using a Firefox browser, you should always keep your extensions updated. One of the most important add-ons to stay updated on is AdBlock Plus. This add-on prevents advertisements from loading on the web pages you visit, which helps to speed up your browsing experience.
Another major advantage of this plugin is that it can assist you in hiding likes on the Twitter application. But its major drawback is that it tends to lurk other people’s tweets on your Twitter account profile, in addition to the tweets that you’ve posted containing snippets.
So, you will not be able to view the comments on your posts with pictures and some other tweets posted by other Twitter users. Thus, before using this plugin you need to be sure of the cost you have to pay for this.
Disabling the Twitter Likes Algorithm
Twitter mostly shows you the posts that you are more interested in at the top of your feed. This is because of its algorithm, as it knows the categories of posts that you like the most.
Deactivating or immobilizing the Twitter likes algorithm will surely aid in removing/hiding the liked tweets. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned next:
- First, Log In to your Twitter account.
- Then, go to the Settings option.
- After that, navigate to the Privacy and Safety tab.
- Now, keep scrolling till the Content section appears in front of you.
- There you will see an option labeled Timeline.
- Under this, there will be Show the best Tweets first option.
- Remove the tick from the checkbox by tapping on it. This will ultimately disable it.
See also: How To Mute Someone On Snapchat App 2022
Hide Likes on Twitter from Your Fellows
You can do this by making your profile private. But in this way, only your non-followers are going to miss the tweets that you made on your Twitter account. Follow the step-by-step guide to hide likes on Twitter from your followers.
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Then, tap on your profile picture icon in the top right-hand corner of your home screen.
- After that, choose the option labeled Settings.
- Now, go to the Security and Privacy tab.
- Next, keep scrolling down until you find the Privacy section.
- Then, tap on the box next to the option named Protect Your Tweets.
- Finally, tap on the button labeled Save Changes.
With this, you have successfully achieved your desired goal.
Erasing a Tweet from the Favorites Section
If you want that your followers don’t get to know that you liked a tweet, then at any time, you can simply unlike or unfavorite the tweet. This is not the most appropriate method, but it can help you at certain times. Have a look at the steps to achieve this task without facing any issues or problems.
- First, log in to your Twitter account.
- Then on your profile page, tap on Favorites.
- Next, search for the desired tweet that you want to get rid of from your favorites list.
- After successfully finding it, hover over it with your mouse and tap on the Favorited link present next to the tweet.
- To ensure that the tweet is unliked or unfavorited, press F5 or reload the page again.
- If you can’t find the tweet anymore in the catalog of your favorite tweets, then you have effectively completed the process.
Twitter has been around since 2006, but it was only back in 2009 that Twitter added the ability to hide likes on its platform. While this change was meant to make it easier for people to share tweets without having to worry about the number of likes they received, it’s now become a problem for many users.
There are many reasons to hide likes on Twitter, including avoiding being tracked by the government. But it also keeps your followers from seeing your number of followers, which can be very helpful for keeping your privacy.
The last thing you want to do is let people know that you’re into something or someone. The best way to do that is to hide your likes on Twitter.
So, what are your thoughts on this article? Do you have any questions or queries in your mind? If so then feel free to share your opinions in the comments section below and give us your instant feedback. We are looking forward to your positive responses.